Get the kids excited for Eid ul Adha with these Do it Yourself sheep favors.
What you need:
- 8.5 x 11" white paper (you could use card stock to make it thicker. I used regular copier paper)
- Printer (You could print in black and white also. You could also print at a local copy store like Fedex if you don't have a printer at home.)
- A craft cutting knife like x-acto
- A small plastic ziploc bag
- Safety scissors
- Regular tape
- Colorful small candies like M&Ms or Skittles
Optional: Wiggly eyes, cotton ball for a 3D tail and a paper flower if you like. I have not used any of those in my pic or tutorial.
What to do:
- I have saved an IGTV tutorial on my Instagram @upanotchgifts where my daughter and I make this craft.
- Print the template from this LINK on regular 8.5x11" paper in portrait mode (i.e. vertically).
- Fold the paper in half and kids can cut around the sheep with safety scissors. You can be as basic or as intricate as you like depending on your child's age -and interest level.
- DO NOT cut all the way at top (see pic) as you need the card to open, or you will be left with 2 pieces of paper :) I have made a line on top of the sheep's head where you should NOT cut.
- Unfold the paper and an adult should cut the oval shown in the belly of the sheep with a craft knife. Remember to only cut the front of the card with the knife.
- Your kids can hand write a message inside the card.
- Fill a small baggie with candy and tape it shut. Tape it to the inside of the sheep so it peeks through.
- Tadaa. Pass out to friends and enjoy!. Don't forget to tag me @upanotchgifts on Instagram when you try this. It makes me so happy!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: diy eid, eid candy, eid favors, eid gifts for kids, eid mubaaarak, eid ul adha, sheep favors